Happy Monday Blog Friends! Did you have a nice weekend? Mine was pretty great, eventuful and yet relaxing which is always the BEST combination (IMO).
Here are the top 5 highlights:
1. I went on a Date Day with my sweet hubby. What is Date Day you ask? It’s like Date Night…but during the day (that was a tough one uh?). On Saturday (during the day, for those not keeping up) we went for a nice lunch and then to the movies. Ah, Date Day. I love it.
(Side note: We watched the movie The 5 Year Engagement. Review: Not the romantic comedy you might be used to and maybe a little long yet it doesn’t drag at all..in the end I enjoyed it. Truly, I did.)
2. Saturday night I celebrated my good friend’s upcoming wedding with a wedding shower/bachelorette party of sorts. It was a intimate girls dinner held at a friend’s house and the theme was London, Paris and Italy as that’s where she’s headed for her honeymoon. We had dinner, wine, a lingerie party and lots of girl talk. Can you ever go wrong with those things?
(Another side note: This is a complete and utter departure from our usual bachelorette parties. Maybe we’re getting old? Or maybe we’re just trying to stay out of trouble? Hmmm..)
3. Friday (and Saturday) we celebrated my sister in law’s birthday with a family barbeque and drinks at a bar, respectively. Guess who we ran into at the bar?! Micheal freaking Jordan! Pretty cool uh? My celebrity sightings seem to be few and far between so I thought it was cool that we saw him and that he was hanging out at a normal bar like the rest of us. Of course the rest of us didn’t have 2 bodyguards with us at all times, but whateves. Sorry, no pics available!
4. Lazy Sunday. Sometimes I think that term was invented for me. Either that or I perfected it. After so many activities on Friday and Saturday I was looking forward to lounging a bit on Sunday and boy was the weather cooperative to that plan. It did NOT stop pouring rain ALL day long. We made brunch -including mimosas of course- and lounged on the couch watching movies. Sounds fantastic to you? It was. Doesn’t sound fantastic to you? You’re wrong..it was. 😉
5. My sister’s birthday is today (Happy Birthday!) and so we had a family dinner on Sunday to celebrate. Turns out..she also got engaged on Sunday!!!!! He put a ring on it, people!
Food, family, wine, wedding talk, my yummy neices..and I’d say that’s a good wrap on a great weekend.
What did you guys do? Anything fun and exciting? Did anyone watch The 5 Year Engagement or another movie? Anyone lounge for most of the day just like me? Let me know! I love hearing details of people’s weekend! For reals!